TERRA NOVA SEASON 2:RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Scripts

Go down

Episode Scripts Empty Episode Scripts

Post  Commander Taylor Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey guys! Eventually, when I have free time, I'll be making each of our RPG episodes into fanfiction scripts. Now, this just means I'm going to adapt what we have here into a fanfiction for all to read. This is a great way for us to advertise and it'll be nice to look over our episodes. The fanfics will appear on 3 sites; fanfiction.net, terranova.fansitepress.com, and terranovatv.net. Obviously, they will also appear here. But, in order to make a really awesome RPG, we need more people. Between 5-10 people to really have some fun. So, let's advertise like crazy! Go to youtube, twitter, facebook, etc. to get some Terra Nova fans to join in.
Commander Taylor
Commander Taylor
Admin

https://terranovarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Episode Scripts Empty Episode 1 The Awakening

Post  Commander Taylor Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Terra Nova
S02E01-The Awakening
Written by TerraNova2343, frostfur72, and washisaboss
Based on the Terra Nova RPG: A little different…
Directed by TerraNova2343
//-|| Hey Guys, if you are a part of the RPG on the forum section and I didn’t give you credit, I’m giving you the credit now. I’m sorry I couldn’t get you all in here, but frost and wash have participated a lot with this RPG and they deserve the attention. For anyone who wants to join in and create these awesome episodes, just come over to the Terra Nova RPG: A little different and claim/create a character today. It’ll only be fun with more people there. Please R&R! Enjoy!!! //-||

FADE IN
We see the repairs on the colony of Terra Nova. A strong male voice over is heard followed by a montage of scenes from the previous season.
TAYLOR
My name is Commander Nathaniel Taylor. And we are all that remains of the future of the human race. We come from the dying future of 2149 and when a fracture in time was discovered to connect to an alternate timeline, 85 million years ago, we decided it was time to look for a brighter future. After the discovery, pilgrimages were organized to colonize this new land. It was a new start, a new home. During our many struggles, a splinter group known as the Sixers and their leader, Mira, had turned against us and left the colony. We had no idea of their plans. It wasn’t until the 10th pilgrimage came that the Sixers were a major threat. And my son, Lucas, was the leader. He later developed a way of making the portal to 2149 go both ways. During the 11th pilgrimage, a group of soldiers, which were funded by Lucas, brought destruction upon Terra Nova. For 3 days, our forces fought against them until Lt. Washington surrendered. With the Phoenix Soldiers in control of Terra Nova, Jim Shannon, a fugitive turned cop, fought his way to take back Terra Nova. But, after his family’s lives were threatened, he had no choice but to leave. During the escape, Lt. Washington risked her life to help the Shannons escape. Unfortunately, she was never seen after that. With the help of Jim Shannon, we were able to cut off our ties to the future by blowing up Hope Plaza. I also thought Lucas had changed…but he continued to hold his anger towards me. After he was injured, he vanished…without a trace. After we gained control of the colony, a shipment arrived. The shipment that was supposed to go to 2149 from a remote area known as the Badlands. Inside was an 18th century ship figure head. How and why it got here remains to be seen. But one thing is certain. The Phoenix Group went out there to the Badlands. Whatever is out there, they want it. Which means…it’s not over yet…
BLACK OUT

FADE IN: BADLANDS-NIGHT
A man walks through the barren land. He looked around. And smiled. He was bald, muscular, and didn’t look friendly. His name is Johan Straush or The SLASHER

SLASHER
Yes. This is it. We will set up camp here.
He moved through the land. It was abundant with large stones and some trees off to the distance. There was sand everywhere. MIRA stepped forward.
MIRA
Excuse me! Who put you in charge? I was Lucas’ right hand person. Who gave you the-
SLASHER
I did. Look. The only reason Lucas kept you and your people around was to have someone who knew the environment. I’d say we know this environment quite well…
He turned and an Acceraptor or Slasher was in a cage. It howled and tried to get out. Two men who were making sure it was being looked after.
SLASHER
You see, Mira. These creatures can be manipulated to do our bidding. They will do want we tell them. And if you want to argue about leadership, then I think you can talk to our new 2nd in command.
He motioned to the Slasher.
SLASHER(CONTD.)
And I haven’t fed him. Yet.
Mira looked at him with wide eyes.
SLASHER
Tell your people they report to me now.
MIRA
You can’t do this, Straush! I risked everything! I’ve put my life on the line leading these people! They trust me!
SLASHER
Well, good. They’re gonna learn to trust someone else now. Don’t worry. You’ll still have some power. Under me, of course.
Mira concedes. She steps aside and Slasher addresses the group.
SLASHER
Now, listen up! You may have been wondering why we high-tailed it here when we were cut off from 2149. I mean, we had Terra Nova, Taylor was on the run, and we lived like kings. But, all good things eventually have to come to an end. It’s this simple. There’s another portal out here.
The crowd gasped and murmurs broke out.
SLASHER
We don’t know exactly where it is out here, but-
He whistled for two men to come forward with a crate. They opened it and Slasher pulled out a pilots hat from a plane.
SLASHER
Can anyone tell me what this is?
MIRA
Is that a-
SLASHER
Pilots hat. Complete with goggles and hat. This was used back in the 1900s. Early 1900s. And this wasn’t all we found.
He emptied the crate. An assortment of gadgets and machinery poured out of the crate.
SLASHER
Now, knowing Taylor, he’s not going to let us get back. So, what we have to do is find that portal before he does. And it won’t be long before he realizes what were searching for. So, Mira, I want you to take a team of about 15 out towards Devil’s Canyon.
MIRA
Why there?
SLASHER
Just a hunch. In the meantime, we’ll make some shelters. And prepare.
MIRA
Prepare? Prepare for what?
SLASHER
The war.
OPENING CREDITS-TERRA NOVA LOGO
FADE TO: TERRA NOVA-DAY
We pan from above and observe the construction and repairs on the colony. A caption follows.
SUBTITLES: TERRA NOVA-3 months later
A man with white hair and a white beard walks over to observe the construction site. He is in his early 50s, athletic-looking, and looks to have witnessed much tragedy. He is COMMANDER NATHANIEL TAYLOR.

TAYLOR
Let’s test the new gates as soon as they’re operational. I also want some sentries on the towers. We also need to get more men located on the perimeter.
The soldier that was listening to Taylor turned away and ran to perform his duties. Another man joins in the conversation. It’s JIM SHANNON. He walks with Taylor as he inspects the repairs.
JIM
So. How are the repairs going?
TAYLOR
They’re going. It could be quicker, but since power cores are running low, most of this was built by hand. We have Malcolm and Boylan working ‘round the clock to perfect some sort of alternative fuel source. But, it’s not an easy task.
JIM
Do you ever wish we didn’t blow up the Terminus? I mean. We could’ve gotten some resources before the portal closed.
TAYLOR
I’ll never take back that decision. It was the toughest I’ve ever made but we’re doing well out here. The colony is flourishing and these are times of peace.
JIM
Even with the Phoenix Group out there?
Taylor looks at him with a confused expression.
TAYLOR
You a reporter now, Shannon?
JIM
Well, not exactly. It’s just that some people want to know what’s going to happen with them out there.
TAYLOR
It’s been 3 months, Jim. Those bastards high-tailed it out to the Badlands; for all we know, they could be Carno bait. Which doesn’t cause me insomnia at night. The Phoenix Group is the least of our concerns right now.
CUT TO: FOREST
A young girl, 13, moves through the trees. She runs up and climbs the tree. Her name is ERA JACKLIN. She continues her climb until she reaches the top and then looks out towards Terra Nova. She looks out at the colony and smiles. Another person calls her name down below. DRAKE,15, begins climbing the tree.
DRAKE
Era! Don’t climb up too high!
ERA
Or what? I can take care of myself!
Era moves to another branch away from Drake. Drake frowns but continues towards Era.
DRAKE
Era! Hold on!
ERA
Drake. I don’t want nor do I need a babysitter.
DRAKE
Yes, but you do need someone to look after you. This world is much different than 2149. Terra Nova is the safest place here and we’re stuck here now. I told you to stay with your folks. Why did you follow?
ERA
Hey, it’s not my fault, ok? They were the ones who weren’t raising me. They didn’t even care about me. It wasn’t until I got in fights that the beatings became worse.
DRAKE
Your dad was just going through tough times. That’s all.
ERA
That was when I was 5. I’m glad he went and joined the military. I hope he gets his ass shot off!
Era began climbing down the tree. Drake followed.
DRAKE
Look, Era. Sometimes people make stupid mistakes.
ERA(PAUSES)
You don’t understand, Drake. Henry beat me. Profusely. Every day when I got home from school. He kept saying that he wanted a son. Why couldn’t I have been a son?
Era burst into tears and Drake sat her down and comforted her.
DRAKE
Hey…don’t worry. That bastard is far away from you now…
CUT TO: PHOENIX CAMP-DAY
Things are much more elaborate now. Many small facilitys are scattered across the area. Most are wooden huts, but there are some metallic buildings as well. Slasher walks out of one of the metallic buildings. Some of the Phoenix soldiers come over to Slasher.
SOLDIER
Sir, we have the device perfected. We just need to find a test subject.
The soldier held up a small device shaped like a thumb-drive. It had a small red light that was blinking in a slow sequence.
SLASHER
Good. I know just the right test subject.
Just then, a herd of Brachiosaurs pass by the camp. The men raise their guns.
SLASHER(CONTD)
Don’t shoot! They’re as dumb as a rock. They can’t do anything but step on things.
He smiles as he looks at the Brachiosaurs.
SLASHER(CONTD)
Yes, I think I know the perfect test subjects.

CUT TO: RESEARCH LAB-DAY
Taylor and Jim walk into the Lab. A man wearing goggles walks up to them. He is MALCOLM WALLACE.
MALCOLM
Ah. You’re here.
TAYLOR
Please tell me this is important, Malcolm. I’ve got other things I can be-
MALCOLM
No, no. This is really important. Perhaps the most important invention thus far.
Malcolm walked over to a machine that had a screen with a tracking beacon attached to it.
JIM
So, what is this a walkie-talkie? I think we’re good on com links.
MALCOLM
This is more than a com link. It’s a tracker.
TAYLOR
A what?
MALCOLM
Remember when you first walk through the portal into Terra Nova, you are then exposed to a time displacement molecular structure. And thanks to Jim’s contribution of DNA, we can detect if anyone has gone through the portal more than once.
JIM
So, we’ll be able to track their paths back to the portal?
MALCOLM
In theory, yes. But, there’s a bit of a problem.
TAYLOR
I always hate hearing that. Ok, Malcolm, what’s the bad news?
MALCOLM
The device is detecting everyone that’s been through the portal. I need to make some minor adjustments so that it detects only people who have an extra layer of the time displacement molecule.
JIM
How long would that take?
MALCOM
Well, it won’t be done today, if that’s what you’re asking.
TAYLOR
I want to know as soon as this device is operational. Then, we can find out what our friends up north are up too.
CUT TO: SHANNON’S HOUSEHOLD
ZOE SHANNON, 6, sits in the living room with her stuffed dinosaurs. She continues playing with them when MADDY SHANNON, 16, comes into the living room.
MADDY
Mom, Josh stole my Plex again.
JOSH SHANNON, 18, enters the scene. ELIZABETH SHANNON, who is in the kitchen, continues preparing breakfast.
ELIZABETH
Josh! Give Maddy’s Plex back.
JOSH
I didn’t take it. Someone put it in my room.
MADDY
Oh, right, Josh. Because people would put my stuff in your room.
JOSH
I’m telling you, Maddy! I didn’t touch it.
MADDY
Then who did?
Just then a small MICROCERATOPS trots down the hall with Maddy’s underwear. Josh and Maddy look at each other. Josh laughs.
MADDY
Mom!
Elizabeth enters the hallway.
ELIZABETH
Zoe.
Zoe looks at her mother.
ZOE
Yes, mommy?
ELIZABETH
Did you bring in another pet from outside?
ZOE
It’s just a small one. He won’t hurt anyone.
The MICROCERATOPS begins eating Maddy’s underwear.
JOSH
I think he likes them.
Maddy runs over to grab the underwear. The small creature lets out a cry and runs over to Zoe.
ZOE
I’m his mommy.
Elizabeth sighs and smiles. She can’t win.
ELIZABETH
Alright. He can stay until daddy gets home. Then will decide what to do with…
ZOE
Steven.
ELIZABETH(NODDING)
Steven.
Elizabeth returns to the kitchen and looks around. Several MICROCERATOPS are on the counters eating the food that was made.
ELIZABETH
Hey! Shoo! Shoo!
The creatures scatter. They all crawl in a small hole in the house. She turned to Zoe.
ELIZABETH
Zoe, did you find Steven or did Steven come to us?
ZOE
He came out of the hole.
Elizabeth nodded.
CUT TO: COMMAND CENTER

Commander Taylor sat in his office. He turned and looked out the window at the construction. He sighed. He looked a picture of LT. ALICIA WASHINGTON. Words began to bounce around in his head.

WASH(O.C.)
You have your father’s eyes.
FLASHBACK
GATES-NIGHT

Lt. Washington is forced onto her knees. Taylor watches from a distance. LUCAS TAYLOR points a gun at her.
LUCAS
You got 3 seconds before I shoot.
A tear falls from Taylor’s face. He begins to move towards Lucas
JIM
Don’t, Taylor. It’s suicide…
LUCAS
One….Two….
WASH
You know you have your father’s eyes…
Lucas pulls the trigger. And Wash falls.
END FLASHBACK

FADE TO: JUNGLE CLEARING-DAY
Lt. Washington lies on the ground. She awakes with a start. She is breathing heavy. She tries to get up.
MAN
Slowly. Don’t rush it.
Wash slowly lifts herself up. Her vision is extremely blurry. We see things from her perspective during this scene.
WASH
Who are you?
MAN
That doesn’t matter. You received a sonic blast to the head. You will have a blurred vision for some time.
WASH
How long since Lucas shot me?
MAN
Here. It’s been two months. But, for you, it’s been 3 days.
WASH
How is that possible?
MAN
I can’t explain much. My time is limited. Just promise me you’ll return to Terra Nova. This is essential. Also, when you see the mark of the Slasher, you must leave Terra Nova.
WASH
What is the mark?
MAN
You will know.
The man pulled out a needle and injected her with a dose.
WASH
What did you give me?
MAN
Penicillin. It will help with that headache and you’ll be asleep for about 2 hours. When you awake, you will go to Terra Nova.
WASH
Yes.
She pauses a minute.
WASH(CONTD)
Thank you.
With that, Wash closes her eyes and falls asleep.
CUT TO: SHANNON’S HOME-NIGHT
Jim walks in the door. A Microceratops runs across the living room with something in its mouth. It notices Jim and stops. It cocks his head to one side then continues on its way. Jim looks wide-eyed at the small creature.
JIM
Elizabeth, why are there dinosaurs running around the house?
Elizabeth comes into the living room holding one of the Microceratops.
ELIZABETH
It’s a long story.
Jim opens the door and the Microceratops all run towards the door.
JIM
Well…I think I just made it shorter.
Maddy drops down on the couch and sighs.

CUT TO:
OTG-NEXT DAY
Lt. Washington slowly limps out of the trees and sees the Terra Nova colony. She smiles.
TURRETS -DAY
Corporal Riley notices movement over by a patch of trees. She pulls out some binoculars and zooms in. She makes out a woman who is limping moving closer to the colony. She sees Commander Taylor talking to a soldier close by.
RILEY
Sir! We’ve got movement 12 o’clock!
The soldier, PRIVATE DUNHAM, and Commander Taylor race over to Riley. Taylor zooms in and sees the target.
TAYLOR
Yep. Half a clique away now. We’ve got a live one people let’s move!
FRONT GATES-DAY
Taylor and Private Dunham load into a vehicle and Taylor calls to the two sonic cannons on the wall.
TAYLOR
Keep your eyes focused on the tree line! If there are more of them, they’ll be coming out from that area.
The soldiers nod and point their cannons at the tree line. Corporal Riley looks at Taylor.
RILEY
You sure you don’t want me driving, sir? Last time Dunham was in a rover he nearly flipped it off a cliff.
DUNHAM
Hey, that rock took me by surprise.
TAYLOR
He’ll be good. And don’t worry, Corporal. I’ll make sure Dunham gets back in one piece.
Taylor and Private Dunham get into the vehicle and the gates rise. The vehicle speeds towards the target. Lt. Washington continues to limp towards the colony. She raises her hand to bloke the sun from getting in her eyes.
TAYLOR
Slow down, Private. I’m gonna jump out.
Dunham slowed and just when they were just a few meters from the target, Taylor jumped out of the vehicle. He pulled out his gun. Dunham circled his vehicle. Lt. Washington fell. Taylor began shouting and approaching Wash.
TAYLOR
Keep your hands where I can see them!
Lt. Washington slowly got to her feet. She still couldn’t make out who her attacker was and she was too weak to see who it was. Taylor approached and he saw who it was and dropped his gun. It fell to the ground. He ran and embraced her. She then saw who it was and also embraced him. Dunham got out of the car and looked at who the ‘attacker’ was and lowered his gun.

CUT TO: TAYLOR’S OFFICE-DAY
We see Wash a little better now. She’s got some minor cuts and bruises. Taylor is sitting in his chair. Wash is sitting in another chair.
TAYLOR
What the hell happened to you?
WASH
I got shot in the head, sir.
Wash said, smiling slightly before wincing from the movement.
TAYLOR
I thought I lost you. We all did.
WASH
And leave you without your field medic? Who else do you think would be crazy enough to patch you up every time you decided to nearly kill yourself?
TAYLOR
Well, I think you're the one who needs patching up. Thank God Lucas only used a sonic blaster. I don't think you'd be walking around if it were anything else.
WASH (GRINNING)
I'm fine. Just a bit disoriented is all. That and I have one hell of a headache.

Taylor laughed a little.
TAYLOR
So, where were you all this time?
WASH
After he shot me, he took me to the Brig. He must have known I wasn't dead or he probably would have just abandoned me somewhere. As soon as I came to I knocked out the nearest guard and left Terra Nova. I lived in the jungle for the longest time until I was attacked by a Slasher. It knocked me out and I woke up near a camp. And, there was this man. He was telling me about that I needed to come back to Terra Nova. It was like it was imperative. Anyway, he gave me some penicillin and he was gone when I woke up. I left the camp and limped over here.
TAYLOR
I see. As you’ve noticed, the Phoenix Group are no longer here. We just regained control over the colony. We also severed our ties to 2149 and the Phoenix Group is headed for the Badlands. We also looked at a shipment that was going to be taken to 2149 from the Badlands. An 18th century figurehead from a bow of a ship. Which means, there's something out there in the Badlands.
WASH
Another portal?
TAYLOR
It’s plausible. But, I don’t need to concern myself with them. They haven’t attacked us and we haven’t provoked them. But, I’m impressed. 3 months OTG, you almost beat my record.
WASH
Well, I’m glad you took my advice with cutting them off from 2149. But, if there’s another portal out there, they’ll still be able to get back to 2149.
TAYLOR
That’s been my fears now for a while. But, it’s not smart to engage in another war to try and find out what’s out there. I say let them have it, until we think its life threatening.
WASH
What happened to Lucas?
Taylor paused a minute. He sighed.
TAYLOR
He thinks I blamed him for what happened to Ayani. He's changed, Wash. Something inside him has changed. Skye shot him and he stabbed me.

Taylor lifted up the right side of his shirt and it showed a huge scar right above his hip.

TAYLOR
I let my guard down. I couldn't bring myself to kill him. But, I promise you, I will not let that happen again
Taylor rose from his seat and walked over to the balcony. He looked out. The construction was nearly complete.

TAYLOR
It doesn't seem the same anymore, Wash. This colony has seen some scars but none quite like these. Familes are torn. Loved ones are lost. And some of those wounds will never heal.
Wash rose from her seat and limped over to Taylor.
WASH
Those bastards are still out there, Nathaniel. The Phoenix Group. They may be cut off, but it's only a matter of time before they try and take over. And if they found another portal out there in the Badlands. We need to get to it first.
TAYLOR
That’s what Malcolm is for. He’s making a device that will be able to detect what has gone through a portal.
Wash seems to want to say more but Taylor goes on.
TAYLOR (CONT.)
Listen, Wash. I want you to get some rest, go talk to the Shannons. They would probably be thrilled to see that your alive. I know Zoe will. She told me all about the thing s you taught her.
WASH (SMILING)
She’s a good kid.
TAYLOR (SMILES)
You should probably check into the Infirmary and get yourself bundled and patched up. And let Dr. Shannon deal with that headache of yours.

Wash nods and begins to head out. Taylor calls back to her.
TAYLOR
Hey, Wash.
Wash turns.
WASH
Yes, Commander.
TAYLOR
It’s good to have you back.
WASH
It’s good to be back, sir.
And she leaves.

We see Slasher walking by and observing the other Phoenix soldiers continuing to work on the camp. Another soldier walks over and salutes Slasher. His name is HENRY JACKLIN. He’s strong, masculine, and in his late 30s. He has a scar down the right side of his face.
SLASHER
Aides, Henry.
He continues walking around. Henry follows.
SLASHER
How are the defenses of the camp?
HENRY
We’ve got turrets on all sides. It isn’t a big area.
SLASHER
We don’t need a big area. As soon as we’ve got a terminus, we’re out of here.
HENRY
We have to find that portal first, before Taylor.
SLASHER
He’s not going to mess with us. There’s a reason he’s not attacked yet and that’s because he doesn’t want to get into another war. But, we do.
Slasher and Henry continue walking and they observe a statue in the middle of the camp of a 30 foot tall phoenix surrounded in flames. They salute the statue.
CUT TO: SHANNON’S HOUSE-DAY
Jim Shannon walked through the living room seeing Zoe playing with a Microceratops. Josh also sat in the living room with Zoe as they watched the small dinosaur run around the living room.

JIM
Hey, Zoe. You’re food’s getting cold.
Zoe didn’t take her eyes off the small dinosaur.
ZOE
But, Steven wants some food too.
Jim looks at the Microceratops. It looks up at him and chirps.
JIM
Right, food for Steven. In the meantime though, why don’t we get some food in Zoe.
Zoe gets up and runs into the kitchen. Josh looks at Jim.
JOSH
Hey dad, I was wondering if I could take Zoe to the Eye.
JIM
I don’t see why not. Just as soon as Zoe finishes eating.
Elizabeth comes into the living room. She puts some leaves and berries down in the living room.
ELIZABETH
What are you two going to go see?
JOSH
Well, Zoe was telling me about the Grand Canyon and I realized that we never saw it before. I thought it'd be cool if we went and checked it out.
JIM
Alright, sounds like fun.
Zoe runs into the living room. She’s holding the plate.
ZOE
I’m done. Can we go now, daddy?
Jim looks at the plate. There were still bits of food. Jim looks at Elizabeth who looks at the plate.
ELIZABETH (SMILING)
Go ahead.
There was knocking at the door. Zoe runs over to Steven and scoops him up. Jim looks at Elizabeth.
JIM
Were you expecting someone?
ELIZABETH
No, I told the Infirmary that I wouldn’t be in today. Due to…Steven’s friends.
The person at the door knocks again. Maddy Shannon enters the living room.
MADDY
Who’s at the door?
JIM
Is Mark supposed to be here today?
MADDY
He didn’t tell me anything.
Jim walked over to the door and opened it. The figure in the doorway was wearing a hood and their face couldn’t be seen.
JIM
Hello?

FIGURE
You’re Jim Shannon, right?
JIM
Yes.
The figure removes her hood revealing Lt. Washington.
WASH
You did one hell of a job, Shannon.
Jim and Elizabeth are in shock. Zoe runs over and embraces Lt. Washington around the legs.
ZOE
Lt. Washington!
Wash hugs Zoe back.
WASH(Smiling)
Hey, Ms. Shannon. Commander Taylor told me that you told him which way is north, is that right?
ZOE
Yes, Ms. Lieutenant Washington, ma’am. Just like you taught us.
Wash hugs Zoe again.
MADDY
Oh my God, Lt. Washington!
Maddy runs over and embraces Lt. Washington.
MADDY
But, how, we saw you…you didn’t make it. We heard the shot.
WASH
It’s a long story.
They all embraced Wash.
CUT TO: SHANNON’S HOUSE-LIVING ROOM-DAY

Wash, Jim, and Elizabeth are sitting in the living room discussing certain things.
JIM
I just can’t believe for 3 months, you were out there. Why didn’t you come back?
WASH
I thought the Phoenix soldiers still owned the place. I never saw anyone come by where I was. It wasn’t unitl…
JIM
Yes.
Wash hesistates. She obviously doesn’t want to tell them about something.
WASH
Until, the time felt right to come and see how things were going here.
ELIZABETH
Well, it was good timing on your part.
WASH
Tell me about it.
JIM
So, we learned some things about the Badlands.
WASH
Yeah, Taylor told me. Something about another portal.
JIM
Yes. But, they’ll need another Terminus in order to use it.
WASH
That’s true. But, if Lucas is out there, he could find some way for it to stay open without a Terminus.
A ringing sound came from Jim’s com link.
JIM
Hang on.
He answers it.
JIM
Go ahead.
TAYLOR (O.S.)
Shannon, Malcolm’s finished. I need you over here as soon as possible.
JIM
Will do, sir.
He looks at Wash.
JIM
You should probably come too.
Malcolm, Jim, Taylor, and Wash look at the screen.
MALCOLM
Ok. So, I was configuring the device when I found this. Computer, load coordinates 22137.
The screen jumps to a location in the woods. A small red and yellow dot moves across the screen in the midst of a bunch of blue and black area.
JIM
Is that-?
TAYLOR
That’s a positive reading. We’ve got a target.
MALCOLM
I’ve traced the path back and I’ve located 5 possible target locations.
WASH
Five? Five portals?
MALCOLM
It’s more like five possible portals, but yes. They could all be portals or one of them could be a portal.
JIM
If they’re not portals, then what are they?
MALCOLM
A miscalculation. This device focuses on that time fracture displacement, so it’s possible those used to be locations of past portals. Ones that used to be there but are no longer.
JIM
That’s comforting.
MALCOLM
Yep. So, I made this.
Malcolm turned away from the screen and picked up a smaller Plex Pad size screen.
MALCOLM
It’s already functional and will show you the locations of the targets.
TAYLOR
Thanks, Malcolm.
Taylor looked at Jim and Wash.
TAYLOR
Well. Let’s go catch us some Phoenix soldiers.
CUT TO: AUTOBAY-DAY
Era and Drake look around the large building that housed the vehicles. There were aircrafts and rovers, submersibles and tanks, choppers and boats.
ERA
This place is amazing. Are we allowed to be in here?
DRAKE
No, probably not. But, I saw soldiers park some really awesome stuff in here.
ERA
It definitely is pretty awesome. What if someone finds us here though?
DRAKE
They won’t. We’ll just hide in one of these vehicles.
CUT TO: FRONT GATES-DAY
Taylor walks up to Wash and Jim.
TAYLOR
Now, we get to test these gates.
Taylor looks over at the soldiers by the gates.
TAYLOR(SHOUTS)
Raise the gates!
The front gates to Terra Nova begin to rise.
TAYLOR
Wash, you’re with me. We’re going to go get some vehicles. Devil’s Canyon’s a hell of a walk from here. And there’s some trees down, so, we’re going to pull out my favorite toys, Ganocopters.*
WASH
Once he’s in one, we’ll never get him out.
*Ganocopters look like the AV-14 Hornet from the Halo games. Just FYI. Google it if you want some idea of what it looks like.
CUT TO: AUTOBAY-DAY
Taylor and Wash open the doors of the Autobay. They open like garage doors and the vehicles are
exposed to sunlight.
ERA
Hide!
Drake and Era run to a rover and climb into the back seat. They remain motionless. Taylor runs over to the Ganocopter and hops in.
WASH
Want me to take one, sir?
Taylor looks over at the other Ganocopters. There are 8 of them in total.
TAYLOR
Nope. Take a rover. I’ve got the skies covered.
Wash laughs and gets into the vehicle where Era and Drake are hiding. Era motions to leave but Drake tells her to stay put.
CUT TO: EYE-DAY
Josh and Zoe walk into the dimly lit room. A tank behind them holds the liquid core memory and all the history of the world they left behind.
JOSH
Alright. Let’s try this out.
They sit down in the chair; Josh on the right and Zoe next to him on the left.
JOSH
Grand Canyon. Cretaceous Period.
The screen shows an image of a green area with a minor canyon. Dinosaurs are seen from the screen. It appears to be a live image of the Grand Canyon.
JOSH
I know it probably doesn’t look like the ones in books, but it will. Some day.
ZOE
Maddy told me that the river carved it out.
JOSH
Maddy’s probably right. At least, she always seems to be about these things. At least for now, it’s not so grand.
ZOE
We should call it Dinosaur Canyon.
JOSH
Alright, then it will be called Dinosaur Canyon until it becomes the Grand Canyon.
ZOE
Can we see what it will look like in the future?
JOSH
Ok, but first let me show you what it looked like in the past. Grand Canyon. 2149.
Time moved quickly on the screen. The canyon got deeper and deeper until it showed buildings near the canyon, then it showed buildings in the canyon itself. When it finally reached 2149, the canyon was hardly visible due to the buildings and the poisonous atmosphere. Everything had a yellowish-greenish haze around it. It looked so dark and depressing. As if all life had been sucked out of the canyon.
JOSH
This is the canyon me and Maddy saw. It wasn’t much to see. They destroyed it when they built buildings around it. It was perfect. This is why Terra Nova is our home, Zoe. This is why we’re here. To keep from letting this happen.
Zoe looked back at the images.
ZOE
Why did they destroy the canyon?
JOSH
Money. That’s why people do bad things.

PART TWO OF EPISODE 1 COMING SOON!!!!!
((I hope everyone enjoyed this epic episode. There will be more to come. Don’t worry! I just wanted to give you all something to look forward to. If you want to join and make more episodes, go over to www dot terranovarpg dot forumotion dot com. Dots are . and com, well. I think you’ve got that one. I can’t post web addresses.))
Commander Taylor
Commander Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Episode Scripts Empty TERRA NOVA S01E01-The Awakening Part 2

Post  Commander Taylor Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Ok...So, here's the 2nd part of the 1st episode. Enjoy guys!

Jim Shannon stands just outside the Gates. He looks off into the forest. He then turns and sees a Ganocopter fly right over the gates. It lands and Taylor gets out.

JIM

Guess you haven't had many flying lessons?

TAYLOR
I only flew it once in Somalia. Hell of a flight. I only read a manual before hand, no real prior experience. But, I practiced a little bit and I think I got it covered.

JIM

Where's Wash?

A rover comes speeding out of the Gates. It parks a little ways south of the Ganocopter.

TAYLOR

There she is. You're with her.

Taylor ran over to the Ganocopter and got in. Jim ran over to the Ganocopter too. He looked at Taylor.

JIM

I have a pilot's license you know.

TAYLOR
That's good to know.

JIM
Can I fly one?

TAYLOR
No.

Taylor closes the door and takes off. Wash, in the rover, drives over to Jim

WASH

Need a lift?

JIM

Thanks.

WASH

Don't take it personally. He wouldn't let me fly one either. We're working on sharing.

Jim laughs and they drive.

CUT TO: JUNGLE-DAY

The rover continued through the rough terrain and forest. Era and Drake were trying to hold on. Until one of them uttered a cry.

ERA
Ow.

Jim noticed it immediately. He looked back.

JIM

Hang on.

WASH

What is it?

Jim scanned the back.

JIM

Stop the car.

Wash stopped the car. Jim got out.

WASH

Did I miss something?

Jim walked over to the trunk and opened it. He saw the faces of Era and Drake looking up at him.

ERA

Hi, Mr. Shannon.

Taylor was by the rover looking angrily at the two stowaways.

TAYLOR
Care to explain what you two were doing in a military vehicle?

ERA

We got lost. It won't happen again.

TAYLOR
It's happened before, Era. You've been here nearly 3 months and this is the 5th time I've found you somewhere you're not supposed to be. What am I to make of this?

ERA

We were preparing to see what it's like. You know. To be in your army.

TAYLOR

You both know that you can't join 'til your 18. That's the bylaw.

JIM

We could order another chopper here and take them back.

Taylor looks at the screen in front of him. The red dot was still some distance away.

TAYLOR

At this point, if we backtracked, we'll lose that target and I don't know if we're ever going to have a chance like this again.

JIM
So, what, we take them with us?

TAYLOR
I think that's our only option.

Era and Drake smile. Taylor notices.

TAYLOR
Don't think this means you won't have a punishment. I think 3 weeks in construction duty will change your mind about sneaking into a secure facility again.

They look at each other and frown.

Back in the vehicles, the group progresses with Jim, Wash, Era, and Drake in the rover and Taylor in the Ganocopter. Jim looks back at the two children.

JIM

So, you both we're on the 11th Pilgrimage?

Era nodded.

JIM
Where are your parents at?

DRAKE

Mine never got through the portal.

Jim noticed he touched a soft subject. He turned to Era.

ERA

I don't have any. I left them and went to Drake's house. I'm not actually supposed to be here.

JIM

You and me both.

Wash smiled.

ERA

Are you guys going after Sixers?

WASH

Not exactly. We're investigating something.

JIM

Wash, you don't have to complicate things.

He looked at Era and smiled.

JIM
They'll find out sooner or later. Now that you're unofficially part of this team, you should know what we're after here.

He held up a screen with the red dot, showing the target.

DRAKE
What's that?

JIM
It's a detector. It's going to show us what we're looking for.

ERA
You mean you don't know?

WASH

We know what it could be. But, we don't know exactly what it is yet.

DRAKE
That's confusing.

JIM

You can say that again.

He looked over at Wash.

JIM
I don't think we had a proper introduction. My name's Jim Shannon. This is Lieutenant Washington.

Jim pointed to Era.

ERA
Oh. I'm Era. Era Jacklin.

JIM
Era and…

Jim then point to Drake.

DRAKE

I'm Drake.

JIM

Just Drake?

DRAKE
Just Drake.

JIM
No last name?

DRAKE

I have one…I never use it.

JIM

Ok. Well, Drake and Era. You probably know who the guy in the chopper is.

DRAKE
Don't care.

ERA

Drake!

She sighs.

ERA

He's Commander Nathaniel Taylor, right?

JIM

That's right.

A voice comes through the com.

TAYLOR (O.S.)
Wash, do you copy?

Lt. Washington grabs the com and responds.

WASH

Go ahead, sir.

CUT TO: GANOCOPTER-DAY

Taylor sits in the cockpit of the chopper with his link.

TAYLOR

I've got movement ahead. We're going to investigate it.

WASH (O.S.)
Copy that.

Taylor lands the Ganocopter and exits the vehicle. Wash and Jim park the rover and Wash gets out. Jim looks back at the children.

JIM

I don't have to lock the doors, do I? Are you two going to stay put?

Era nods.

JIM

Drake?

Drake turns away from Jim.

DRAKE
Whatever.

Jim closes the door and runs after Wash. Taylor continues to look around with his gun pointed. The trees begin rustling. He points his gun in that direction. Wash does the same. Jim runs over.

JIM

I got the kids in the-

TAYLOR
Quiet!

The rustling stops. Jim draws his gun and points it at the trees.

JIM

What if it's a Carno?

TAYLOR
Run like hell.

The trees shake again as a huge bipedal creature exits the brush. It is green with yellow stripes running down its back. It's head, however, is strangest by far. It has a duck's bill and a long, dull, curved, horn coming out the back of its head. This horn is dark red. This is PARASAURLOPHUS. It isn't long before more Parasaurs begin to enter the path. The first one makes a very low, resonating, moan. Taylor lowers his gun.

TAYLOR

Parasaurs. They won't do any harm.

JIM

These things are colossal. Would you say they're about the size of a Carno?

TAYLOR

Little less than that.

Era walks over.

ERA

Wow. That's a big dinosaur.

Jim walked over to Era.

JIM

I thought I told you to stay in the car.

ERA

I wanted to see the Parasaurs. I heard so much about them in school.

Jim sighed.

TAYLOR

No harm in looking, Shannon.

Era walked around and watched as the slow-moving herbivores grazed on the forest floor.

JIM

Where's Drake at?

ERA

He stayed in the car.

Jim looked back at the car. He saw Drake in there.

JIM

He's not a people person, is he?

ERA

He doesn't like meeting new people.

Wash looked at the Parasaurs.

WASH

As entertaining as this is, shouldn't we continue with the mission, sir?

TAYLOR
Wash is right. Come on. Our target seems to have settled in a location.

JIM
Where's that?

Taylor looks at the detector. He looks up.

TAYLOR
Devil's Canyon.

CUT TO: SHANNON'S HOUSE-DAY

Elizabeth Shannon looks at the small hole. She looks at Maddy.

ELIZABETH

Any thoughts?

Maddy looks down at the small hole.

MADDY

We could try filling it up again.

ELIZABETH

They just keep chewing through it.

MADDY

What if we get something like stone?

ELIZABETH

What we need to do is find out why they're coming in. If we could find a way to keep them outside, they might stop breaking into our house.

MADDY

It might be food shortage. Ever since they built a new barrier around the Agricultural Farms, I've heard rumors of these little guys all over the colony.

ELIZABETH

You go see if you can find out any news about dinosaur related pests. I'm going to stop by the Research Lab and get some more information about them.

MADDY

Sounds like a plan.

And they were off.

Malcolm Wallace stood near the cylinder cage. The monitor lizard inside ate the food that was just put in. Malcolm turns his head when he hears someone enter.

ELIZABETH

Malcolm, I need your opinion about something.

Malcolm turned away from the lizard and looks at Elizabeth.

MALCOLM

What is it?

ELIZABETH

Dino-pests.

Malcolm smiles. He knows what she's talking about.

MALCOLM
You're referring to Microceratus gobiensis.

ELIZABETH
I prefer Microceratops. They're causing problems. According to my daughter, they've become more common and are starting to invade homes.

MALCOLM

I've noticed. A few broke in here a couple days ago. They can nibble through the walls.

ELIZABETH

Is it possible to relocate them?

MALCOLM

No, they're easily startled. What we need to do is find an alternative food source. They were common to the Agricultural Farms. If we could build a small area for them to congregate, it might keep them from invading buildings.

ELIZABETH
Right, what do we need?

MALCOLM

First, something that they're attracted to; it's the only way we can get them all out of here in one shot. Then, we need to make sure that they stay at said area and don't keep coming back.

ELIZABETH

Ok, I'll work on finding a Microceratops attractant and you work on finding that area.

MALCOLM
Sounds like a plan.

Malcolm smiled.

CUT TO: DEVIL'S CANYON-DAY

Wash gets out of the of the vehicle and looks around.

WASH

You sure this is where we are going to find our target.

TAYLOR
Signal's coming from this area. Either they're here or I'm going to have to yell at Malcolm.

JIM
Don't worry. I'll yell at him for you if this doesn't work.

Era and Drake got out of the car. Jim notices.

JIM

And where do you two think you're going?

DRAKE
With you guys.

TAYLOR
Too dangerous.

Taylor continues walking along with Wash.

ERA
What?

JIM
Taylor's right. You guys stay by the car. We need someone to stay behind and be on the lookout.

Jim looks and sees Taylor is out of earshot.

Oh, and if you do a good job, I might talk Taylor out of putting you two in construction duty.

Era smiles and looks at Drake.

DRAKE

Really?

JIM

Only if you stay by that rover.

Era runs back to the rover. Drake follows. Jim watches them.

TAYLOR
Hey Shannon! The Ice Age will be here before you. Get a move on. That target isn't gonna stick around forever.

Jim smiles and heads over to Taylor.

Taylor, Wash, and Jim look out over a hill into a valley of long-necked BRACHIOSAURS. The creatures grazed on the trees. Jim watched them. Taylor looked down at the screen.

WASH
So, where's our target?

TAYLOR
Well, according to Malcolm's device, this is our target.

JIM
I thought this thing was meant to focus on that time fracture thing.

TAYLOR
We're either looking at a creature that has been through a portal or Malcolm's device is a piece of junk.

JIM
What do you think?

Taylor touched the screen and it showed a path.

TAYLOR
Well, whatever our target is, it seems to have a path.

JIM

A path to a portal?

TAYLOR
There's only one way to find out. Let's find out which one of these creatures is our alleged target.

Taylor walked towards the creatures.

WASH
How do we get near them without turning to pancakes?

TAYLOR

Give 'em a shock.

He pulled out a small gun. He pressed a button and the tip lit up as a spark ran across the top.

JIM

A taser?

TAYLOR
Just long enough for us to work with the creature. The others won't notice what's going on. As Era said, Brachios aren't the smartest creatures. But, when they get threatened, they sure can run.

Taylor gives one to Wash and Jim.

TAYLOR
Now, let's go find out what makes that Brachiosaurus a target.

CUT TO: ROVER-DAY

Drake and Era sit in the car. Era looks around the car and sighs.

DRAKE
Well, this sucks.

ERA
What do you mean?

DRAKE

Well, they're out there fighting Sixers and running from dinosaurs and we get to just sit here

ERA

Jim told us to stay here.

DRAKE
He told us to stay near the car. He never said stay in it.

Era smiled.

CUT TO: AGRICULTURAL FARMS-DAY

Maddy continued to talk to the Agricultural farmer. Elizabeth Shannon walked over. Maddy looked away from the farmer. She walked over to Elizabeth.

ELIZABETH
Did you find out anything?

MADDY

Well, it seems the Micros were after these berries called goneps, which are very hard to grow. It's one of their main foods. And they seemed to move in to the farms after that meteor a few months back destroyed the gonep bushes.

ELIZABETH
So, if we can get there goneps back, they'll leave the colony?

MADDY

According to farmers, yes.

ELIZABETH

Where did that meteor hit again?

The brachiosaurs let out a moan. Taylor, Wash, and Jim continued to walk through the forest of Brachiosaur legs. Taylor kept glancing at the screen.

TAYLOR
It's just a little further.

WASH
Just watch out for droppings.

Jim stopped and looked at Wash.

JIM

I think we'd be able to see a mountain of crap.

Wash continued walking

WASH

I didn't mean on the ground.

Jim looked up and nodded.

JIM

Oh, right.

Jim continued to walk.

CUT TO:

CLOSE UP on the screen. It begins beeping loudly.

TAYLOR
I think we found our Brachiousaur.

Taylor walks around the creature. He stares at the creatures head.

CLOSE UP on the Brachiosaur's head.

JIM
Find anything yet?

TAYLOR
There!

He points to a shiny object that's sticking out of the Brachiosaur's head.

WASH

What do you think it it?

TAYLOR
A tracker. An explosive. Maybe just a bullet. Whatever it is, it's got our detector here worked up. Let's bring her down!

Taylor pulls out the taser and the others do the same. They fire and the Brachiosaur moans as it slowly lies down. Taylor watches.

TAYLOR
Alright, let's see what our friend is carrying here.

Drake followed Era out of the rover. Era looked around.

ERA

Well. We're out of the rover.

DRAKE

Come on.

Drake began towards the forest edge.

ERA

Listen, Drake. I don't think it's a good idea.

DRAKE

What?

ERA

There's dinosaurs out there.

DRAKE

Yeah, some dumb Brachiosaurs and harmless Parasaurs. We're safe, and we won't go that far. I just wanna look around. I mean this could be the only time we get out here.

ERA

That's true.

DRAKE

Well, come on then.

Era looked back and then followed Drake.

CUT TO: METEOR IMPACT-DAY

Malcolm and Elizabeth look around at the crater.

MALCOLM

This is where the meteor hit. All the goneps were destroyed in the blast.

Elizabeth walked around the area. Looking for any goneps that could be used.

ELIZABETH

Is there any other gonep source close by?

MALCOLM

No. Not that I…wait…there was one over by Snakehead Falls.

ELIZABETH

Would it be far enough away from the colony?

MALCOLM

I can't think of anywhere that's farther away from Terra Nova.

ELIZABETH

Right, so, then we need to get those Micros here.

MALCOLM

That won't be easy. Micros are extremely quick and they're good at hiding too.

ELIZABETH

We'll just have to be quicker.

Elizabeth began walking away.

Taylor and Wash were working diligently to remove the small cylindrical object that jutted out of the Brachiosaur.

TAYLOR

Just a few more snips.

Taylor handled the small laser device that cut back skin while Wash used the tweezers to pull the device out. Jim looked off. The smell was getting to him.

JIM

When I heard that there would be a target out here, I would've never imagined that we'd be here, opening up a Brachiosaur, trying to locate a small device.

Taylor continued cutting.

TAYLOR

Well, that's the thing. Out here, you never know what to expect, ain't that right, Lieutenant?

WASH

Yes, sir. I remember the time those Tree-darters gave us the spook.

TAYLOR

That was during the 3rd pilgrimage. Yeah, that was a nice surprise for a bunch of colonists that just got here from 2149.

WASH

It was a hell of a welcome.

Taylor laughed. Jim couldn't help but smile.

Era and Drake run through the forest.

ERA

Drake! Don't go off too far!

DRAKE

Relax, Era. We aren't going to go that far.

The two of them continued to run unaware of a creature, hiding in the trees, waiting to strike. The two stop.

ERA

What is it?

DRAKE

Shhh!

We begin to hear heavy breathing of a large creature nearby.

DRAKE

Do you hear that?

ERA

It sounds like breathing.

Era and Drake begin looking around wildly for the source. They look back at the trees where the creature is hidden. Only, the creature isn't in there anymore. It's standing looking down at them. Era screams.

CUT TO: DEVIL'S CANYON

Era's screams are heard. Jim looks up. So do everyone else.

TAYLOR

Era!

They get up and begin to make their way towards Era and Drake. Taylor looks at Wash.

TAYLOR

Stay here and continue working on the Brachiosaur. Give it another dose of Penicillin too. We don't want it coming around.

Jim and Taylor run off in the direction of Era's screams.

Jim and Taylor look around for Era and Drake.

JIM

Damn it. I told them to stay in the car.

TAYLOR

Kids never listen.

More screaming is heard off to the distance. And Drake runs out of the jungle with Era close behind.

DRAKE
Run! Now!

Jim and Taylor look into the jungle waiting for something to happen. Era and Drake get in the rover. There is a loud roar from within the trees.

TAYLOR

Oh no.

JIM

Carnos.

They begin running to the rover when a huge male CARNOTAURUS breaks through the foliage followed by two others. The male roars at Taylor and Jim and charges after them. Taylor reaches for his com link. But he drops it. He stops to go and retrieve it.

JIM

Taylor! Leave it!

TAYLOR

We have to warn Wash!

JIM

Let's go!

Taylor looks at the oncoming Carnos. He decides to leave the com link. Jim and Taylor sprint to the rover as the Carnos begin to close in. They got in and closed the door just as a Carno smashes into the rover. Jim powers it up and they speed away. A Carno roars as the other two begin to pursue the rover. Taylor looks at a com device on the rover.

TAYLOR

Can this one communicate to the mobile units?

JIM

I think so.

Taylor grabs it and frantically calls into the com.

TAYLOR
Wash, this is Taylor, do you copy? We have a pack of Carnos out here, they're coming your way. I repeat, We have a pair of Carnos coming your way.

Wash pulls the device. It still won't budge. She hears Taylor's voice on the com link.

TAYLOR (O.S.)

I repeat, we have Carnos headed your way. Do you read me?

WASH

I read you. I almost have the device out. Just a few more minutes.

TAYLOR (O.S.)

We don't have a few minutes, Wash. Get to the chopper, now!

Wash turned off her com link. She continued to work.

Taylor continued to try and get a hold of Wash.

TAYLOR
Wash? Wash!

He placed the com link for the rover back.

TAYLOR
Damn it to hell. She turned it off.

JIM

What's the plan?

TAYLOR

We get as far away from Wash as possible. If those Carnos catch the scent of that Brachiosaur, it won't end good.

The brachiosaurs began fidgeting and moving around nervously. Wash looked up at them. She looked off in the distance, she saw the rover and two Carnos chasing it. She pulled on the device one last time and-finally-it came out. She looked at the device. It was round and cylindrical. She placed it in her pocket. She looked up and saw another Carno looking down at her.

WASH

Damn.

She began sprinting to the Ganocopter. The Carno was right on her tail.

Slasher stared at a screen with a red dot. Henry also stared at the screen.

SLASHER

I'm going to send a team out there, our target's been unconscious for almost an hour now.

HENRY

It's probably just a glitch, sir.

SLASHER

Lucas made this, Henry. It doesn't glitch.

The screen flashed red and a warning kept flashing. It read: ERROR: TARGET CANNOT BE DETECTED! Slasher began to boil with anger.

SLASHER

How close is Mira?

HENRY

About 2 clicks. Why?

SLASHER

Get her over there. Now!

Henry saluted Slasher and walked out.

SLASHER

I've got you, Taylor.

Taylor and Jim look back at the kids. The Carnos were getting closer. Taylor pulls out two sonic pistols. He hands them back to the kids.

TAYLOR
You two wanted to be in my army, let's see what you can do. Fire at the Carnos.

Era smiled and took the gun and began pointing out the back of the rover. Drake also took one.

((This is where Drake would've been killed))

DRAKE

Era, if we die out here. I want you to know-

ERA

We're not going to die! So don't pull your martyr crap on me, Drake.

Drake smiled. He pointed and began firing. The Carnos roared as the blasts hit it.

DRAKE
Don't you have a real gun?

TAYLOR

We don't want to kill them. It's not our call to make. We help the creatures, we never kill.

DRAKE

What about self-defense?

TAYLOR

The sonics will scare them away. Give it time!

Drake sighed. He continued firing.

Wash kept trying to get the controls to start. The Carnotaurus kept moving closer. She desperately tried everything. Then, the controls lit up. The chopper roared to life. But the sound spooked four PTERANODONS roosting in a tree nearby who took to the skies. Wash lifted the chopper within a minute of the Carno smashing into it. She sighed. But, the Pteranodons weren't finished. They screamed and began to attack the Ganocopter.

WASH (YELLS)

Damn it!

Era looked out the window and saw the Pteranodons.

ERA
Hey guys, I think Wash is in trouble. Look, those flying dinosaurs are attacking the chopper.

Taylor looked out and saw the Pteranodons. He looked at Jim.

TAYLOR

How well can you shoot a flying target?

JIM

I haven't had much practice.

TAYLOR

There's never a better time to practice than the present.

He hands Jim a sonic pistol.

JIM

I'll try.

TAYLOR

Just don't hit Wash. If one of those blasts hit the Ganocopter, it will destroy it.

JIM

That's comforting. I either am a big time hero or I murder Lt. Washington.

Taylor looked at him.

JIM

I won't miss.

Taylor smiles.

TAYLOR

You better not. Actually, change of plans.

Taylor pulls out his own gun.

TAYLOR(CONT.)

Take the wheel.

Jim and Taylor switch seats and Taylor positions his gun. He takes aim when…BAM…a CARNOTAURUS rams into the rover. Taylor's gun goes flying. He watches as the Carno crushes it with it's foot.

TAYLOR
Damn.

JIM

What?

TAYLOR

You've been reinstated. Take out those Pteranodons.

Era and Drake continue firing.

CUT TO:

The rover begins to move into a forest of Brachiosaur legs. The dinosaurs begin running as the Carnos move into the attack. The rover swirves and avoids the large tree trunk size legs. One Brachiosaur falls down right in front of the rover.

TAYLOR

Hang on, everyone!

Taylor turns sharply and Era falls out of the rover onto the ground.

DRAKE

Era!

Wash tries to fly the Ganocopter but the Pteranodons continue to attack the chopper. One gets hurt by the propellers and screeches in pain as it falls. The others continue pecking. Wash presses some buttons on the control panel and tries to stabilize the aircraft. She looks over outside her cockpit. She unhooks her seatbelt and jumps out of the chopper. The Pteranodons don't notice. The chopper crashes, creating a huge explosion.

Taylor watches the chopper fall. He scans and sees Wash. He sighs. Drake is paranoid though.

DRAKE
We have to head back.

TAYLOR

Right now, it's more important to get you out of harm's way.

DRAKE
What about Era?

JIM

Taylor…come on…

TAYLOR
As soon as he's safe, we'll go back and get her.

DRAKE
Turn this goddamn rover around now! I won't lose her!

Taylor looks away. He thinks about what he says.

TAYLOR

Let's go rescue her then.

Taylor makes a sharp turn and heads back to Era.

Era opens her eyes. She coughs and gets to her feet. The dust from the stampede hasn't yet fallen yet. Everything is clouded. She coughs again. She sees a shape in the distance. It's large and walks very slowly towards Era. Era gasps and hids behind a rock. We see that the Carnotaurus has her scent. She looks and sees her gun is very close.

CUT TO: GANOCOPTER CRASH-DAY

Wash got up and looked around. One Carno was chasing the rover. She could see another Carno over by Era. She looked around and made sure she still had the detector. She pulled out her own gun and then heard a roar. The third Carno returned. Wash fired her gun multiple times. The Carno stepped back in fear. And then fell to the ground.

WASH

Oh yeah, I'm back.

Drake desperately fires at the Carno.

DRAKE

Die, you son of a bitch!

He fires several more times until the Carno falls to the ground. He cheers. Jim looks back and smiles.

JIM

Good job, Drake.

DRAKE

We have to go faster!

Era looks around. She doesn't see the Carnotaurus. She turns. And the large creatures head is just at her eye level. It opens its huge jaws and roars. Era doesn't waste any time. She grabs the gun and begins firing at the Carno. It roars in annoyance as it backs away. Era fires until…click…click…the power cell dies. She begins to breathe heavily as the now mad Carnotaurus begins to work its way towards her. It rears its head back poising to strike when-

TAYLOR

Era! Get down!

Jim, Taylor, and Drake all arrive and begin firing at the Carno. The creature roars as the multiple sonic blasts push it away. It roars and then begins to trot off into the forest. Era turns to Drake and hugs him. Just then the Carno returns at high speeds, roaring. Drake holds Era tight. Taylor and Jim take aim when-BANG- a shot his heard. The Carno is hit and then falls to the ground. Taylor looks around for the source of the shot. Lt. Washington whistles from a rock near the others. She shows them a small revolver.

TAYLOR

That one counts as mine.

WASH

Sure it does.

She smiles.

They all begin walking back.

TAYLOR

So, what about my chopper? Who's fault is that one?

WASH

Hey, those Pteranodons weren't exactly happy to see it flying around.

TAYLOR

And you wonder why I don't let you fly it.

She smiles. Jim puts his arms around Era and Drake. Jim smiles.

JIM

You guys did good today.

DRAKE

Does this mean we don't have to do Construction Duty?

JIM

Oh no. You guys are still in trouble for that. But, I might cut down your sentence short a few weeks. If you promise not to stow away in anymore vehicles.

Drake laughs. So does Jim.

Elizabeth loads the cages of Microceratops into Malcolm's rover. There are about 12 cages, and about 60 creatures in total. Malcolm looks at Elizabeth.

MALCOLM

Now, are we sure this is all the Micros?

ELIZABETH

All except for one. Zoe, wants to keep one as a pet.

Malcolm looks at her.

ELIZABETH

It will only be for a couple months.

MALCOLM

Elizabeth, Micros are social creatures, they'll want to be with their kind.

ELIZABETH

It seems comfortable now. Besides, it's just one Microceratops. It can't do much harm.

Malcolm concedes. He can't win. He packs up the rover and closes the door.

ELIZABETH

You're sure that the goneps are abundant at Snakefalls.

MALCOLM

They're very abundant. They should live quite well out there.

ELIZABETH

Be back soon.

Malcolm got into the rover and sped away.

Wash held out the small detector. Jim examines it.

JIM

This was fired out of a gun. You can tell. See those grooves.

Taylor looks at it.

TAYLOR
I'll be damned.

Wash places it back in her pocket.

JIM

It's definitely a detector. And whatever this detector was dectecting, ours was detection the same thing.

TAYLOR
Which means either both detectors have a major glitch, or our Brachiosaur has been through a portal. We need to get back to the colony and run some tests to find out where this came from. If we can trace back the signal, we'll find the Phoenix Camp.

Taylor begins to turn, but he is stopped by a gun in his face. It's Mira. She has several Phoenix soldiers behind her.

MIRA

Don't worry your going. But, not back to Terra Nova. Take their weapons! Hands where I can see them.

The men take the sonic blasters. They all give their weapons and raise their hands.

MIRA

You wanna find our camp so bad, why don't I take you there myself.

Taylor looks at her and she knocks him out with his gun.

BLACK

END CREDITS

DELETED SCENES FOR TERRA NOVA S02E01-THE AWAKENING

DELETED SCENE #1- SKYE'S PLAN

I cut this scene due to several reasons. Originally, Malcolm solves the problem with the Microceratops, not Skye. So, Skye wasn't seen in this episode as much. Also, we won't see Terra Nova until the very end of Episode 2.

CUT TO: THE EYE-DAY

Zoe and Josh leave the Eye when SKYE TATE runs over to Josh.

JOSH
Hey, Skye.

SKYE
How's going?

JOSH

Just showing Zoe the Grand Canyon.

Skye crouched down.

SKYE
Really?

ZOE
Yep. We saw how deep it is.

SKYE (SMILING)
It's not very deep right now, is it?

Zoe laughed.

ZOE

No.

SKYE
Don't worry. It will be someday.

Skye looked back up at Josh.

SKYE

So, where are you guys going now?

JOSH
We're heading back home. Zoe found a new pet. Or, actually more like it found us.

SKYE

What is it?

JOSH

It's a Mini-cera…something.

SKYE

Microceratops.

JOSH
That's the one.

SKYE
Yeah. They've been causing problems all across the colony. They just keep eating. Mainly fruits and veggies.

JOSH

Yeah, well, Steven brings friends over.

SKYE
Steven?

ZOE
That's his name.

SKYE
Ah. Have you tried using stink leaves?

JOSH
Not yet.

SKYE

Give those a try.

DELETED SCENE #2- DRAKE COMES OUT OF HIS SHELL

When I first thought of this scene, it was supposed to give more character development for Drake before his tragic death in the Carno chase scene. Although, I always thought of Drake as this snotty, rude, "I can do whatever the hell I want" teenager; and there is some closure for him in the Carno chase scene.

Drake slowly gets out of the rover and works his way over to the group.

JIM

There he is.

ERA
There he is. I thought you'd never get out of that rover.

DRAKE
Well, I wanted to make sure that she was alright.

He pointed to Era.

ERA

How many times do I have to tell you, I don't need a babysitter, Drake!

He ignores the comment and looks over at the dinosaurs gracing.

DRAKE
Is it true those horns on their heads are used for mating?

JIM

I don't know. Sounds like something my daughter would though.

DRAKE
You have a daughter?

JIM

Yep, I have 3 children. One boy and two girls.

DRAKE
Did you have them all in Terra Nova?

TAYLOR
He didn't. All 5 Shannons came to us through Hope Plaza.

ERA

But, that means you had a third child?

JIM
Yep. That's another story.

Jim looked off towards a group of Parasaurs. 2 adults and 3 young ones. He smiles. So does Drake.

DELETED SCENE #3- BRACHIOSAURS IN THE BRUSH

When we first wrote this episode, it was all about rescuing the Brachiosaur. I didn't really have much of a plan for the season like I do now. And when they first encountered a Brachiosaur, it was in place of the Parasaurs. So, I hope you enjoy.

Taylor stops and exits the Ganocopter. Jim and Wash look at him. A huge Brachiosaur emerges from the brush.

TAYLOR
Brachiosaurs. None of these look like the one we're after. They're migrating from up North.

JIM
What's north?

TAYLOR
Devil's Canyon. That's probably where we'll find our Brachiosaur. Let's move out!

They all get back in their vehicles. Era looks out the window.

ERA
Brachiosaurs are so dumb.

Wash sighs.

DELETED SCENES #4 MADDY MAKES A DEAL

When I first wrote this scene, I was thinking…This is going to be crappy…and it is. It just didn't seem to be in tune with the rest of the episode. Also, everything we get out of this was explained when Elizabeth ran into Maddy at the Argicultural Farms. To tell you the truth, my first thoughts were to scrap the entire sub plot of Micros and just focus on the major plot which is finding the Brachiosaur and getting them captured.

CUT TO: MARKETPLACE-DAY

Maddy Shannon looks around. She sees Casey Durwin close by. He's shooing Mircoceratops out of his Market.

DURWIN

Shoo! Come on! Get!

Casey is holding a broom trying to scare the creatures off. The small dinosaurs scatter. Maddy rushes over.

MADDY

Excuse me!

Casey looks up at Maddy.

DURWIN

Oh, it's you again. Maddy, right?

MADDY

Yeah. Hey, I noticed you were dealing with these Micros and I was wondering if you heard about people having more encounters with these things.

DURWIN

Well, I had a customer who came by earlier this afternoon looking for some meteoric iron and was talking up a storm about these little bastards.

MADDY

Did he have a name?

DURWIN

Yeah…but…what's in it for me?

MADDY
If you tell me, I'll make sure these Micros never bother you again.

Durwin looks at Maddy. He smirks.

DURWIN
Alright, Maddy. You got yourself a deal.

SCRAPPED IDEA #5 DRAKE'S DEATH
This was a scene I was thinking about for the longest time. Drake was supposed to just be a very minor character that would be killed off. But after really working with him, I decided he could be a very interesting character to work with. All you Drake fans can see what would've happened if I didn't change my mind. But the scene would've been Drake exiting the vehicle, much like Era did in the Carno scene. Anyhow, he runs out and distracts the Carno so they can get away. This scene was never written. It was just an idea.

SCRAPPED IDEA #6-MIRA AND MALCOLM MEET

This was another idea I had. But, this scene was something that will become a huge plot twist in another episode. I can't really reveal anything about this scene. It will spoil future episodes. No Spoilers.

SCRAPPED IDEA #7-ROUNDING UP MICROS

This scene was a scene I cut at the last minute. I felt that showing the Micros being captured wouldn't really add to the overall plot. I mean, it would've been cool and funny, but it doesn't add to the story. And by the end of the episode, everyone is focused on the overall plot with the Carnos and Pteranodons. So, I just threw the last scene in with Elizabeth and Malcolm releasing all the Micros back into the wild.

TERRA NOVA SEASON 2 EPISODE 2 TRAILER

NARRATOR
NEXT MONDAY, on Terra Nova.

We see Taylor and Wash and Jim all locked up.

Taylor is then in another cell with Slasher.

SLASHER
You're going to tell me what you we're doing out there.

TAYLOR

You'll have to kill me, Straush.

Slasher pulls out a long curved knife.

SLASHER
That can be arranged.

Everyone is seen outside.

An explosion rocks the small camp as watch towers fall down.

An Empirosaurus breaks through the gates and begins attacking.

Era points a gun at Henry.

Taylor and Wash kiss pationately.

BLACK
We see a bloody and broken Taylor. Slasher hovers over him

SLASHER
Once Terra Nova is in ashes, you have my permission to die*

NARRATOR
All New TERRA NOVA next Monday on FF.

*Yes, I know, this is the line Bane says to Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, I just really love that line and for this lunatic psychopath to want to destroy Terra Nova, it just fits so well. Tune in next Monday for a brand new episode. These episodes will come out weekly. Ignore the 1st part of this episode, that was a sneak preview.
Commander Taylor
Commander Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Episode Scripts Empty Re: Episode Scripts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down